Respect@Work Council appointments
The Respect@Work Council continues its essential work in addressing workplace sexual harassment, with the addition of nine new Council members.
The new appointments deliver on the Government’s commitment to strengthen the Respect@Work Council with permanent membership for business and unions, alongside representatives from government and civil society.
These new appointments implement the outcome of the Jobs and Skills Summit to ‘Strengthen the Respect@Work Council by giving business and unions a permanent seat at the table, along with government and civil society to support women’s safety and respect at work.’
New Respect@Work Council members:
- Alison Kitchen (KPMG and the Business Council of Australia)
- Emeline Gaske (Assistant National Secretary of the Australian Services Union)
- Julia Fox (Assistant National Secretary of the Shop, Distributive and Allied Employees’ Association)
- Jo Schofield (President of the United Workers Union)
- Melissa Donnelly (Secretary of the Community and Public Sector Union)
- Abbey Kendall (Director of Working Women’s Centre South Australia)
- Katherine Berney (Director of the National Women’s Safety Alliance)
- Leah Marrone (President of Australian Women Lawyers)
- Lisa Annese (CEO of the Diversity Council Australia)
They join existing Respect@Work Council members including representatives from the Australian Industry Group, the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Australian Council of Trade Unions and the Council of Small Business Organisations Australia.
The Government thanks outgoing member, the Australian Building and Construction Commissioner Stephen McBurney, for his contribution to the Council.
I would also like to thank Chair of the Council, Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins, for her tireless efforts to address workplace sexual harassment.
More information is available on the new website, respectatwork.gov.au, which also includes resources to help workplaces address sexual harassment.
If you need immediate assistance or support you can contact 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732